Types of Financial Assistance
Federally Funded Title IV Grants: (Students must have a high school diploma or GED)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- The Federal FSEOG is an award to help students with exceptional financial need as determined by the needs analysis of the Federal government. The Federal FSEOG does not have to be repaid. By applying for the Federal PELL Grant, students are automatically applying for FSEOG.
State Funded Grants:
- District Financial Aid
- Florida Bright Futures
- FSAG - Florida Student Assistance Grant
- FWEP - Florida Work Experience
- Student Work-Study provides part-time employment for students who have completed the FAFSA and have financial need as determined by the student aid report (SAR). FWEP is a program that assists students finance the cost of post-secondary education. Students must complete a FAFSA to participate in the FWEP program.
Indian Affairs: Please call 1.800.322.9186 for information.
Workforce Investment Act (new title: Career Source Tampa Bay): Persons residing within Hillsborough County should call 813.930.7400 for information. Pasco-Hernando County residents should call One Stop Centers in New Port Richey, Dade City, or Brooksville. Polk County residents should call 863.683.5627.
Veterans Administration: All Erwin full-time programs are approved for veterans training. When the applicant has completed the enrollment procedures, Erwin’s VA Certifying Official will notify the VA by forwarding appropriate forms.
Vocational Rehabilitation: The Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (HRS) sponsors eligible disabled students who need training or retraining to secure suitable employment. For detailed information, please call 813.930.7494.
Other Sources of Assistance: Other agencies and programs that have provided financial assistance to Erwin students are: CARIBE, Florida Prepaid College Fund, Project Opportunity, Tampa Housing Authority, INVEST scholarships, and employer scholarships. See the Financial Aid office for additional information on these programs.
Loans – Not Available: No loans are processed through Erwin Technical College. Erwin reports enrollment to the National Loan Data Base System in order to defer previous student loans...this also include the Federal Stafford Student Loan.
Last updated on 7/13/2015
The School Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, political
beliefs, marital status, handicapping condition, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
or social and family background in its programs, harassment and bullying policies, and activities, including employment
The announcements, information, policies, rules, regulations and procedures set forth in this site are for information only
and are subject to review and change without notice. Any policies not addressed would follow standard procedures set forth
by the Hillsborough County School District.
All information on this site is copyrighted material and may not be used without the express written consent of Erwin Technical